The community already boasts a roster of thought leaders from vendors, solution providers and others active in the fast-growing market for mobile technology and mobile apps, according to CompTIA officials.
[caption id="attachment_23940" align="alignright" width="153"] Dave Sobel[/caption]
IT training and advocacy group CompTIA has tapped a two popular channel veterans to lead a new community forum focused on mobile technologies.
Dave Sobel, director of partner community for Level Platforms Inc., will lead the new CompTIA Mobility Community when it holds its first meeting at the organization’s Annual Member Meeting next month in Chicago. Heather Murray, director of sales and marketing at Tech Data Corp.’s TDMobility unit will serve as vice chair of the group.
The community already boasts a roster of thought leaders from vendors, solution providers and others active in the fast-growing market for mobile technology and mobile apps, according to CompTIA officials in Downers Grove, Ill.
"Many businesses have embraced mobile devices as a way to make their employees more productive and to become more accessible to their customers", said Sobel. “"But devices are only a small part of a necessary mobile strategy that makes sense from both a financial and technology standpoint.
"The IT channel's leadership can and will help them address these issues," Sobel added.
The first step for the new mobility group is to craft a mobility roadmap for channel players and flesh out the opportunities and challenges for partners working in, or considering forays into, the mobile space
“Our group is committed to developing a comprehensive selection of best business practices, education and training regimens and other resources on how to best accommodate mobile technology within the enterprise,” said Murray.
In addition to Sobel and Murray, the CompTIA Mobility Community’s executive council includes:
- Ruchhir Agarwal, chief executive officer, Elan Emerging Technologies
- Jacob Braun, president and chief operating officer, Waka Digital
- Frank Gurnee, vice president, community, ExchangeDefender
- Richard Hutton, director, channel marketing, Samsung
- Susan Krautbauer, director, Jabil
- Shiv Kumar, executive vice president, ZSL Inc.
- Vince Plaza, vice president, information technology, TeamLogic IT
- Michael Romero, vice president and general manager, mobile business, Ingram Micro